It was another busy month here at I'd So Rather Be Reading! I've never done a month in review post before, but thought I'd make it a new tradition for 2012.
- Sleepless by Cyn Balog fell flat for me.
- The Death Cure by James Dashner lacked the intensity of The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials but was still a solid ending to a great series.
- Fateful by Claudia Gray was a nice change of pace.
- I loved Gail Carriger's Changeless just as much as Soulless and can't wait for the next book in the series!
- The Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella were the best reads of the month for me. I reviewed four books in the series in a series review.
- Blank Slate Kate by Heather Wardell was another winner. Wardell's books are consistently excellent, and I love having a book that makes me stop everything to read!
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender was my first (and maybe last) foray into magical realism. I just didn't get it, but others may love it.
Other Fun Posts:
- Natalie and I made some New Year's Resolutions for the blog. Read our goals for 2012 here.
- I vowed to read more books by Ken Follett, my all-time favorite author. His books are not easy or fast reads, but they are so worth it!
- We talked about expecting more out of books you've bought versus review books or library books. The consensus was, most people expect books they buy to be great, and are disappointed if they don't live up to their lofty expectations.
- Natalie did a Hunger Games movie update, along with her party plans for the premiere.
- My last day of work was January 30. As of 1/31, I will be a full-time stay-at-home mom! I am so excited about staying home with my precious baby!