One of our all-time favorite series is Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy. No one was happier than we were when we found out that the series is being made into a movie (hopefully a series of movies). We've been anxiously awaiting the 2014 release of Blood Sisters, scouring the internet for any mention of the movie.
Last week, we got the disappointment of the month when we saw the latest trailer. If you haven't seen it yet, watch it here:
We have many issues with the trailer, but the most glaring ones are:
- The producers and directors have turned this romantic, action-packed book into a spoof-like movie. It looks like it's going to be full of snark and tongue-in-cheek humor. #BOO #whyjustwhy
- The dialogue sucks. It's snarky, and smacks of teenage rebellion.
- This movie looks like it's going to be directed towards the teen audience. You're probably thinking, "well, it's a teen series, it should be directed to teens." We disagree. We posit that we are not the only people in the 25-34 age range who want a love story, not a sarcasm-filled Scary Movie type film.
- When looking at still images, I was okay with the casting. Now that I've seen this trailer, I hate it. Everyone just looks WRONG.
- The vampire teeth. OH MY GOSH, they are way too pronounced. Like the golden eyes in Twilight, that looked bugged and way too shiny, these teeth look like poorly done veneers (probably because that's exactly what they are!). #nofanglove It is to the point where we find ourselves saying things like "the glitter in Twilight wasn't that bad" or "you know, being dizzy for the first half of the Hunger Games was kind of a thrill..." We are upset people, grasping at straws!