In addition to her studies, Violet loves the arts, the shopping, and the friendships she's found in Italy. But secretly, her main objective is to learn about her true identity and family history. She never imagined she would fall in love with handsome Italian Luca. And he feels the same about her. But there are certain rumors circulating, that if proven to be true will forbid that they end up together. They need answers, but are they prepared for the truth?
Release Date: March 11, 2014Age Group: YA
Source: Review copy from publisher
Reviewed By: Madi B
My initial reaction to this book (Ok fine, to the title) was “Why hello there I will read YOU first!” (I’m sorry mom, I just can’t fight the teenager) Summer romances in Italy??? Me gusta! (I know that’s Spanish but I don’t know any Italian!!! Just work with me here!!)
I was a tad skeptic because I read it was a companion novel to a different book and my over-analyzing self said, “Well technically it’s not the sequel!” It was totally a sequel. (Whyyyy must this happen to meeeeee!!!!!) I wasn’t lost or anything, I could follow the storyline just fine. But the emotionally charged scenes were WAY less emotionally charged for me because I didn’t read the first one!!! MAJOR bummer!
But my gut instincts were right, I loved this book anyway. (What can I say?? I’m a sucker for a good romance!) And good romance it was! I really like this book with its AMAZING setting, awesome characters, lovely mystery, and romance. (Have I mentioned romance yet??) I’m sorry, did you say elaborate?? LIST TIME!
1. Storyline. It was so entertaining and constantly moving! There was never a dull moment and never a completely overwhelming moment either. Well-done Mrs. Author.
2. Setting. I’ve never wanted to go to Italy so much in my entire life! The cities the character visited were so beautiful!!! (Cities. Yeah that’s right PLURAL)
3. Characters. The variety of personalities was refreshing and VERY entertaining!
4. Mystery. I didn’t immediately figure it all out!!! YAY! I didn’t understand the full depth of it because, well, I READ THE FREAKIN SEQUEL FIRST! (Gahhhh I hate it when I do this) But although it wasn’t the most prominent part of the book, it was still there
5. ROMANCE. Naturally, I mean the whole book takes place in Italy! What can you can expect! The summary promised it and gosh dang it Lauren Henderson you delivered. I really liked how there weren’t any dirty parts either!
Overall, I don’t have any complaints! The book was a nice, lighter read that I’m DEFINITELY recommending. A round of applause for the author.