Meet Sloane Emily Jacobs: a seriously stressed-out figure skater who choked during junior nationals and isn't sure she's ready for a comeback. What she does know is that she'd give anything to escape the mass of misery that is her life. Now meet Sloane Devon Jacobs, a spunky ice hockey player who's been suspended from her team for too many aggressive hip checks. Her punishment? Hockey camp, now, when she's playing the worst she's ever played. If she messes up? Her life will be over. When the two Sloanes meet by chance and decide to trade places for the summer, each girl thinks she's the lucky one. But it didn't occur to Sloane E. that while avoiding sequins and axels she might meet a hockey hottie—and Sloane D. never expected to run into a familiar (and very good-looking) face from home. It's not long before the Sloanes discover that convincing people you're someone else might be more difficult than being yourself.
Release Date: January 7, 2014Age Group: YA
Source: Review copy from publisher
Reviewed by: Madi B
I lovveeee lovvvveeee lovvveedddd this book. The characters were awesome, the plot was awesomer, and the character development was awesomest. (How do you like my extensive teenage vocabulary?)
Things I liked:
1. I just loved the plot. The whole Parent Trap switch thing??? LOVE.
2. The characters. I LOVE THESE CHARACTERS! Well almost all of them... (To be continued) I loved the whole rich girl in a poor world and vice versa! And the character development was top notch.
3. Friendship. I liked that when they switched, the focus wasn't on guys but on developing relationships with friends and learning the sport. (Whoa did that just come out of my mouth?) I thought Andy was hilarious. I loved Cameron.
4. I loved the whole skating premise. I love books with hobbies that I haven’t done or don’t know much about. SO I LOVE THIS BOOK.
Things I didn’t like:
1. The baes. I’m sorry but the love interests in this book were just not up to par. I was super excited at first…(TWO BAES?!?!?) but I never trusted one and the other one was ehhh. THEY DO NOT DESERVE THE SLOANES.
Other than the boyfriends, I had no other complaints. Being Sloane Jacobs was funny, it had a great storyline, and it had some awesome sports in it!