Worst. Movie. Ever.
I am a Christian but I am no scripture master. With that said, I am a respecter of all different faiths and when I saw the trailer for Exodus (the retelling of the story of Moses)I was excited to see how it would be told!
I couldn't have been more disappointed. I guess I have made a lot of wrong assumptions. I assumed that the basics (the miracles) of the story of Moses wouldn't be too hard to screw up... but I was WRONG.
This was a disgusting representation of Moses and I am still pissed I spent $19 to watch it.
What they got SO wrong:
- NO PRAYER. Only "visions" of Moses screaming back and forth with a child.
- The Great I AM is not a 10 year old that throws temper tantrums or was illusive with his plans for Moses. Every single attempt was made to remove God from this story.
- How in the world do you leave out Moses parting the Red Sea?! HOW? What a fail.
- Moses' part in the plagues was non-existent. In this film he didn't have any part in the plagues. No warnings given to the Pharaoh, no compassion or begging between "bothers". Most of the time Moses was surprised and waiting on the sidelines to see what would come next. He even seemed dumbfounded at times.
- The Nile River remained bloody... no Moses, no miracle.
- Aaron, Moses' mouthpiece, didn't exist. Instead Moses was an angry man who liked to scream and rally the troops aka beaten down Hebrew slaves.
The Book is Better!