The hilarious Dino Files chapter book series follows a nine-year-old dinosaur expert, his paleontologist grandparents, a cat named Saurus, and fossils that might not be so extinct!
Release Date: January 2016
Age Group: Middle Grade
Reviewed By: Macy Kate
1. Who are the main characters? Did you have a favorite and why?
The main characters are Frank, Sam, Peanut and Saurus. My favorite character was Saurus because he was lazy and fat and looked cuddly. I love cuddly!
2. What is the story setting?The story is set at a dinosaur dig site, a museum and also at Aaron's barn.
3. What was one main event?
One main event was when peanut went missing! I was so sad and scared that he had been kidnapped (no spoilers though).
4. What didn't you like?
I enjoyed every bit of this book! Really.
5. Was the book easy to follow (understand)?
The book was very, very easy to follow.
6. What is your overall opinion of the series? Will you continue?
This series is awesome and I really want read the next book, Too Big to Hide.
Note from Nat:
Overall, this is a great middle grade series for:
- Hesitant readers. The writing style is really easy to follow and comprehend.
- Both girls & boys.
- Animal lovers.
- Future scientists.
- Little sleuth's.